Eduardo Bouças is a software engineer at Netlify and principal engineer building Netlify's newly created Edge Functions.
In this episode we discuss the past, present, and future of running serverless functions on the edge, why Netlify decided to build their edge functions with Deno, and the need for compatible edge runtimes built on open standards.
- Edge Handlers with Mathias Biilmann Christensen
- Netlify Edge Functions
- Edge Functions Documentation
- Netlify Edge Functions: A new serverless runtime powered by Deno
- Living on the edge: A deep dive into Netlify Edge Functions
- Understanding Edge Functions: The Edge and Beyond
- Web-interoperable Runtimes Community Group
This episode is sponsored by Cloud66, a platform that allows you to deploy Jamstack sites on any cloud for just $1.99 per site per month. It's like your own Netlify and includes free unlimited team members, real-time logs, programmable traffic management, SSL certificates, and more. You can get started with Cloud 66 for free and get an extra $66 of free credits with the code FSJam-66.